Sunday, May 08, 2011

climbing Mt. Batulao

when i was younger (so much younger than today! hehehe!), i made a mental bucket list--a list of what i wanted to do and/or where i wanted to go. one of them is to climb a mountain. i have always wanted to do that and vowed that i must fulfill it on or before i reach the big 3-0.

21 months after my deadline, just when i thought it will never happen, i finally got the chance.
the climb was organized by Sandari Batulao and was conducted on April 16, 2011.

unfortunately, i wasn't able to reach the summit because my shoes gave up on me halfway through the climb. i had no choice but to stay and wait at peak 8 while my siblings and friends continue to peak 10 (the summit).

nevertheless, the climb was an enriching experience. though my body got tired, my spirit was refreshed. being outdoors, high up the mountain and seeing God's creations felt so great.

thanks to all the people at Sandari Batulao for organizing the climb, thanks to all my fellow climbers, thank God for the good weather. maybe next time, and with sturdier shoes, i will reach your summit, Mt. Batulao. 'til next time :)