Thursday, August 03, 2006

Q & A.....

The other day at the office while having lunch, we were having the usual "chikahan" and sharing of anecdotes, blah blah blahs.... that lead to the topic of marriage. My officemates suddenly popped the questions that i have been trying to evade for the longest time....

  • Question: Kelan ka ba mag-aasawa? (when will you get married?)
  • Answer: (silence for about 3 seconds while shaking my head) Uhmm, someday! hehehe

  • Question: Bakit? ano pa ba'ng hinihintay mo? By this time naman siguro na-enjoy mo na ang singlehood mo. Eh mukha namang sigurado na kayo ng boyfriend mo. (Why? what are you waiting for? By this time you probably have enjoyed being single. By the looks of it, you and your boyfriend are meant for each other)
  • Answer: Hinihintay ko lang maka-graduate yung kapatid ko.... (I'm still waiting for my sister to graduate from college...)

  • Question: Ah, yun naman pala eh. We'll be hearing wedding bells in the near future then! I'm sure you and your boyfriend are talking about it already.
  • Answer: Yeah, we've been talking about it (my answers are like floating in the air! geesh!)
    (honestly i'm not really sure about getting married)

Ok, so maybe I'll get married five years from now.... or maybe never. Who knows?

Here are some of the reasons for my uncertainty:

  1. I am still enjoying my present civil status.
  2. I still relish the thought of being able to come and go wherever and whenever I want without worrying about kids or whether I have done the chores or cooked dinner for the family.
  3. I still have to help provide for my family (brother and sister still in school)
  4. I haven't felt that certain feeling that would make me say "I'm getting married" with much delight and twinkle in my eyes.
  5. I still have to nurture my parental instinct and improve my domestic skills. Let's face it, even if today's women are on equal footing with men with regards to career, I still feel that I should know a lot of things when it comes to being a homemaker, because I want to make it a point that when I finally get married, I won't be working anymore and I'll have more time to concentrate on raising my children.

Some people are cut out for marriage. I'm not saying that I am not. I do want to get married someday. But not so soon.

No comments: