Sunday, July 29, 2007

Pipol

I got home late last night after attending the 1st Vicarial Assembly which was also attended by members of the nine different parishes under the Vicariate of the Holy Spirit. As with other kinds of gatherings I anticipated the number of people that would be present in the venue--about a hundred or two. But I was surprised when the final count got to around five hundred plus! I looked around to see a variety of people--the oldies, the young ones, all from different religious organizations in their respective parishes. It was overwhelming.

I found it difficult, however, to spark up a conversation with other parishioners because the seating arrangement was done in such a way that people of the same parish stay together in one group. I managed to shake hands with some people though during the meet-and-greet portion of the program, but that was all.

So many people have come and gone before my very eyes. But I'll never forget the smile from one particular person's face the moment he saw me:

PERCY. He's a member of the other choir that my choirmaster manages. We've seen each other a couple of times before on various activities and programs of the St. Lazarus Parish but it was only late last year when we got past the hi's and hello's. It was during an out-of-town gig early this year when we really got to talk and introduce ourselves formally.

Being the introverted person that I am, it's not really easy for me to warm up to other people. But with Percy, it was like a breeze. The conversation we had last summer in Bataan was inspiring and humbling at the same time. You don't usually expect that from younger people. But with Percy, it felt like we've been together for a long time. He's like a younger brother to me.

We seldom see each other since he lives far from me so imagine the excitement of seeing each other at the assembly that afternoon! Sad thing is he had to leave early with his choirmates for a wedding gig, but he thanked me profusely for the letter I wrote for him a couple of days ago.

Man! He looked so cute with that smile I should've hugged him! Walang malisya ha!

Remember Pers, happy thoughts. May you find happiness even from the smallest and simplest of things.
Bless you!

No comments: