Sunday, September 02, 2007

Brr!

It's beginning to feel (and look) a lot like Christmas!

Yup, we have officially entered the 'ber' months yesterday. We have 115 days more before the much-awaited date. I've been hearing Christmas songs being played on the radio as early as August and some establishments are putting up decorations already.

I'm getting excited.

A few more weeks and I'll be seeing more of the Christmas decorations, and my nose will be tickled with the smell of bibingka and puto-bungbong. There'll be bazaars and extended mall hours for Christmas shopping.

Then there's the Misa de Gallo or Simbang Gabi - a novena mass that is celebrated early in the morning (around 4 or 5am) starting December 16 (9 days before Christmas, that's why it's called a novena). I wonder if other Catholic countries have this.

= = =

Anyway, let me be the first to greet y'all a Merry Christmas. From the country where Christmas is celebrated for weeks! Onli in da Philippines!

= = =

And have a happy weekend, too!

No comments: