Saturday, January 05, 2008

Baby Blue

I was an hour late and he was not smiling when he saw me. I wanted to hug him right then and there as an act of apology and to comfort him but i was afraid he might reject me. So i just gave him a shy smile and leaned towards him to whisper a little "sorry i'm late." I took his hand and told him "let's go to church, hear the mass, then i'll explain later" then flashed him another "apologetic" smile.

He stood up and forced a smile. It made me feel more guilty. Note to self, be early next time. He was silent while we walked towards the church and i couldn't bear it.

"Come on, give me a smile. You look more handsome when you smile."

He turned to me and flashed me those pearly whites. This time, it wasn't forced. I guess he couldn't stay mad at me for long.

"I love it when you smile like that. You know very well i fell for that smile."

He took my hand... gave it a gentle squeeze... and flashed me the sweetest smile I've ever seen.

No comments: