Friday, February 08, 2008

So far so good!

I'm NOT a morning person. Really. Although sometimes, i could get up as early as 4:30 if it's really, really needed --like if there's an out of town assignment and we're catching up with the trip schedules.

I would try time and again, month after month to have a "full time service" mark in my MRA (monthly report of attendance) and make it to the office at least by 9am, but there were days when i'd punch in past the 9:30am grace period. It's a bad case of slacking off due to lack of motivation and other stuff.

One by one, i tried to address the issues that revolve around the situation. I challenged myself to come to work not later than 9am. In fact, since the start of this month, i've been punching in around 7:30 - 7:45am, thus giving me the opportunity to attend the aerobics sessions at 8am. The workout perks me up and that results in more work done at the office. Sweet!

By 5:30pm, i'm out of the office wearing more comfortable clothes and my running shoes. My trip home takes two jeepney rides, but lately i've been skipping the second ride to walk the rest of the way home. The walk takes only 7 minutes if done briskly, and 10 minutes if done leisurely. Either way, it's healthy and it saves me money!

I just hope i could maintain this early-bird streak so i could continually reap the health benefits i'm getting now.

'Til next week then!
Have a happy weekend everyone!
;)

1 comment: