Monday, May 19, 2008

In Review

The past week was a whirlwind of activities--with all the preparations for a two-day out-of-town consultative workshop and then there was the feast of the Holy Trinity over the weekend.

In two days i have gone through every emotion i could possibly feel: from apprehension and anxiety, and then being harassed by the rush of things. There were even times when my team and i seemed to be running on adrenaline alone. And then finally feeling that sense of accomplishment when the workshop was over.

And then there was our community fiesta. Another roller coaster of emotions. But i'd rather focus on my high moment when my pork piƱa hamonado and pichi-pichi became a hit with the folks. Too bad I only doubled the hamonado recipe which left the people asking for more. And too bad i wasn't able to take pictures of it. But then, my hamonado was just a sort of "pilot testing" of my newly acquired skill in cooking.

- - - - -

Now back at the office catching up with the paperworks. They got in when i was out and no one else was left at the office to work on it. The other staff had work of their own to be bothered by it.

So i'm the one rushing with the documents riddled with "urgent" notes.

I feel like pulling my hair out of frustration.

*sigh*

It's just another manic Monday.

No comments: