Friday, August 29, 2008

Almost!

Who hasn't heard of Jennifer Chung?

She's an Asian teenager based in the US and quite popular in YouTube because of her videos where she sings with her beautiful voice (a lot of viewers actually commented that she should join American Idol).

Jennifer did an excellent rendition of Make Me Whole by Amiel Larreux (one of my favorites) but she's also got a couple of original songs. One of my favorites is her song "Almost" which you can check out here.

= = =

It's another weekend and the month is almost over.

Just had our defense on our research proposal last Tuesday and we're on the process of revising it per recommendation of our adviser.

Next week, we'll be having our last subject for the trimester. Yup, almost done. Soon we will all be singing "I Will Survive" for surviving the first trimester of the post-graduate course. And before we know it, a year has passed and hopefully we'll all graduate from the course.

Good thing that work was breezy lately. The paperworks trickle in manageable quantities. I hope it stays that way while i wait for my busted scanner to get fixed, but that's another story.

= = =

On another note...

Baking skills are starting to get on a steady pace. Most times I find myself researching for recipes and thinking of ways to make them more interesting.

My cookies have taken a backseat for a while because my brownies and cupcakes are getting rave reviews from the office people.


triple chocolate delight:
choco cream-filled chocolate cupcake
with chocolate frosting
mmmm....


They said they wouldn't be surprised if one day i resigned from my job and just concentrate on the baking business or put up a bakeshop.

Although i like the idea, i just don't think i'd be doing it very soon. It would take a lot of work and capital to start with.

For now, i'm happy with what i'm doing. I have a day job which serves as my steady source of income. The baking stuff serves as my stress buster and an outlet for my creativity (or kaartehan, hehehe!). Sometimes, those baked goodies also provide me extra dough! No pun intended.

= = =

Oh well.
Have a nice weekend!
And see you again next month!
:)

No comments: