Friday, September 08, 2006

Confession Part II (now this ain't no dream)

“…just when I thought I said all I can say…I guess I got
to give part two of my confession…”


The lines from Usher’s song has got very little to do with what I’m about to dish out. Wala lang! Kunyari profound ang post ko ngayon.


I was with three of my guy pals laughing, joking and bitching about work and stuff. Guy 1 driving. Guy 2 at the backseat. Oops! Guy 3 just got out of the car. Anyway, so there were three of us left and the conversation shifted to the more serious side of work…


Guy 1: Is it true that you and DJ are not in good terms?


Me: Well, sort of. But we are on speaking terms already. We haven’t talked about the incident yet but I guess we’re ok now.

Here is my story regarding that incident

**Update:

Right now, I’m trying to win back DJ’s trust. Right now, it doesn’t matter whose fault it was…no more explanation or reasoning why the hell I had that backlog in the first place. I just want to make things right. I’m not a bad worker. If in the course of time, I had become bad, it could just be a reflection of what’s in the organization. Work can be a bitch sometimes. And some colleagues can be real bitches.

Oh, Guy 2 has just got out of the car.

Guy 1: Have you heard about what happened between J and me?

Me: Yeah. But I don’t know the real story.

I can’t really post what Guy 1 told me--pretty serious stuff about work and bitchy officemates. He even told me about the same people who were backstabbing me because they got mad at me for speaking my mind out, and how Guy 1 cringe at the sight whenever those people approach me as if they were angels—all nice and smiley.

“Plastic! Napaka-plastic!” he said.

I miss those moments with G1 coz we haven’t been talking like that lately. I kinda like him when he’s not the usual joker and when we exchange philosophical what-nots. I have a certain admiration for him, for the traits that most people don’t see in him. He makes me think. Hard. He makes me laugh. Harder.

I wish I could talk with him a little longer but we’ve reached my drop-off. Oh well, you can’t have all the nice things in the world.


Konting timpi lang,” I said. After a quick thanks, I got out of the car and headed home.

2 comments:

negativefive said...

Aba... intriga sa opisina.. Sali ako jan!

Anonymous said...

this is NOT A COMMMENT, IT'S EXPRESSING ONE THOUGHT TO A WOMAN... Love talaga kita even if it's not PWEDE... nothing more else.... . . . . TSIKI . . . . . SPEECHLESS NA.