Monday, September 18, 2006

Domesticated

last Friday was payday. it was unusually warm, too, considering that it's the rainy season, it still felt like summer. after a long day's work and not having a major thing to spend on at the moment, i decided to go straight home for a well-deserved rest (catch up on my zzz's). but since it's payday, it's also traffic day. some days can really test my patience.



so there i was in the jeepney, with tousled hair and a plastic bag of atis in hand, i endured the friday-payday-traffic combo and almost flew all the way home as soon as i stepped out of the vehicle thinking: "oh my! this must be how a working mom feels like." the kind that rushes home after work with some pasalubong in a plastic bag.



somehow, i feel proud of myself whenever i come home with grocery bags and seeing how excited my dad is to check out what i brought home. additional ganda points when there's something for him that he actually liked even if he didn't ask for it.



- - - - - - - - - -

Sunday wash day. i just had to do the week's worth of laundry because my sister wasn't home since Saturday and the pile of clothes was getting high. usually we have a wash-your-own-clothes arrangement. but since my sis was out working on a project and my brother was also busy with school work, i just had to be the good elder sister and did their laundry together with mine. oh well! i finished just in time to cook for dinner. then i left the dishes to dad.



while taking a shower i was thinking about how tired i felt and how the chores seem so endless.



- - - - - - - - - -

i remembered having a chat with mom and complaining about not having a chance lately to go out on weekends because i'm either working on a Saturday or stuck in the house doing chores...or just not having enough money for a gimmick because i filled in to pay the bills.



i could be stuck in financial plateau sometimes and it can be very frustrating. i'm not getting any younger and there are things that i haven't tried or experienced yet. i can't have a "live for the moment" kind of life partying or taking up other stuff because it would require spending money. i had to save mine for a rainy day.



then again, i feel sorry for complaining and whining to mom because i realized she'd been working so hard for us. must've hurt her to hear me complain about "not having a life."



because life is what i have.



at the end of the day, i thank god because i am here...



...with a brother to look out for. must be a tough job but i was placed here to guide him through while mom is away working abroad.



...with a sister to bond with and share stories with.



...with a father to help with things around the house and to worry with whenever one of my siblings fail to come home on ETA.



i have a family that mostly deserves spending my bonus on.after all is said and done, my family has been and will always be there for me through thick and thin.
i mentioned in one of my previous posts that i wanted to hone my skills in homemaking. now would be my best time training for it. here would be the best place--my home with my family.

No comments: