Friday, February 09, 2007

Another Day....

Wednesday














Had dinner with the St. Lazarus Choir at Aristocrat. I didn't intend to stuff myself that night because I was once again subjecting myself to diet+workout to lose the flabs I have acquired over a couple of months. But our former chaplain, who is now based in the US, was in town so I figured: what's wrong with a night of kwentuhan over dinner with good friends?














I gave in. I just told myself, "well Tsiki, Thursday naman bukas. You'll be burning those calories at aerobics class tomorrow."














Thursday














I did burn those calories through one hour of aerobics and tae-bo. You folks might say "good for you." I even skipped the usual office merienda of cholesterol-laden fishballs, squidballs, chicken balls (gosh, what other kinds of balls will they think of next?) and opted to snack on some pears. Healthy diba?














Ayos na sana but nagkayayaan ang Training Girls to have dinner at Lola Ely's. It's a homey and charming place where everyone can just go and enjoy the food without burning a hole in their pockets. I swear, their chicken barbecue is worth the almost 10-minute walk to their place (located at the corner of Bambang and Felix Huertas Streets in Sta. Cruz) from our office. At least I get to burn a little more calories before devouring Lola Ely's heavenly specialty.














Another 10-minute walk to reach my jeepney terminal to go home. But leisurely done this time while talking with my supervisor. Non-work stuff. We split up at the corner of Oroquieta & Malabon Streets and I proceeded to walk the remaining 3 minutes to my terminal. All the way home, I was thinking....














Twice a week of aerobics/tae-bo class; twice a week (average) of 15 to 20-minute run on the treadmill; a weekend of doing chores. Not bad.












In the span of three years, I have never maintained my ideal weight for more than a month. It takes a lot of work for me to take off a few pounds, but it takes just a couple of days of impulse snacking (plus occasional heavy dinners) to gain it back (minsan doble pa!).











Next week, there will be no time for all of my workout sessions as I will be doing fieldwork. Too bad.











But then, there's always another day!

1 comment:

negativefive said...

Take it from me losing 50 lbs by July is my goal. Lucky me!