Thursday, February 15, 2007

To Err Is Human...

To forgive is divine.



I went through Valentine's Day as normal as I could, even if everywhere I turned it was like a "for-couples-only" day and those without a partner is an outsider. One colleague quipped "ang mga walang papa, i-firing squad sa Luneta."

Yup, once again I am a member of SMV (Samahang Malamig ang Valentine's)



But why should I sulk? I should get out there, there's work to do. Why wear black on V-day? It's so cliche. I should wear something bright and happy, put on makeup and NEVER. GET. CRANKY.



At this point in my existence I have resolved to face my demons one by one, tie up the loose ends dangling in my head and reconnect heartstrings that got cut for some reasons. Last quarter of last year I started with a friend of mine from highschool.

And once again this year, on Valentine's day, I filled my heart with peace as I chatted with a gradeschool classmate whom I was once close with, but eventually we drifted apart more than a decade ago.



I poured my heart out and asked forgiveness for whatever hurt I might have caused her. She said there was nothing to ask forgiveness for, and if there was, she has long forgiven me. She also apologized if ever there were times she'd been mean. Know what? I've forgiven you a long time ago.



It was truly a liberating experience. Though we're miles apart and just communicating through computer, it was as if she was beside me again, still her bubbly self and recalling the things we did together in gradeschool.



I only wished we had that chance to sort things out nuon pa. But as they say, better late than never.



- - - -



A while ago in an orientation we were conducting, a colleague put me on the spot by announcing that I am currently single and available. One participant said "eh di malungkot ang Valentine's day mo kahapon?"



But my colleague quipped "hindi po. Ginawa niyang masaya."



Indeed, even without a significant other, I was happy on Valentine's Day.



I hope y'all had a happy one, too!



And to you, Mae. Salamat.

No comments: