Thursday, April 17, 2008

Brownie Boy (one of them post backlogs)

I was at the office when i got a text message from my brother. He said he had just baked his "perfect" brownies (after some hit-and-miss episodes!).

Now usually, it was my sister who bakes the yummy foodies, armed with her baking know-how and experience (she took up culinary arts as an elective in high school). But somehow, she gets frustrated everytime her brownies don't turn out the way it should be.

So when bro told me the "good news", i told him to save some for me-- not just for my consumption but because i also wanted to take some pics of it so i can send it to mom (and also showcase it here in my blog, for the world to see! hehehe!)

It was the first thing i asked for when i got home because i was excited to see (and taste!) it for myself. He'd sprinkled confectioner's sugar and ground cornflakes (for texture, i guess). As per ate's suggestion, he placed halved cherries on top for added color (and perhaps some flavor). And voila!




the tasty treat!

And guess what...

It really tasted good! Not bad for someone without formal training.



No comments: