Monday, April 21, 2008

I, Food tripper

So.... it's been quite a while since my last "blogging spree". Unfortunately, i've been busy with tasks in the office, places to visit, and all those things in between that i got too tired (and sometimes lazy) to blog about them. I have a lot of backblogging to do. The pics are waiting to be posted, too!

But what i'm excited the most to talk about today is about my recent kitchen/cooking adventure. I signed up in an evening vocational class at my high school alma mater and is now three weeks into my course on Food Trades.

Now i'm not really new into cooking and kitchen stuff. My mother taught me how to cook some Pinoy dishes like Tinola, Sinigang, and Pinakbet to name a few, before i reached my teen years. I even had some experimentations with leftover foods or have come up with my own dish from scratch.

So there were questions why i signed up for the class.

For one, i can say i am a "food tripper". Given the chance, i can be pretty adventurous with food, but lately, i've been pretty much into those carinderia stuff--those little sort of restaurants that can be found in almost every street corner or even small alleyways or backstreets and they serve some mean lutong bahay (home style kind of food) . So, yeah, it's kinda like an adventure too! Manny and i are constantly on the lookout for new carinderias to crash into, for variety with our workday lunch.

But why stop at just eating? Why not make my own food and be able to profit from it? I think it's more fun to be able to create something that i and my family (and friends too!) can enjoy plus the option of earning some dough from it.

Armed with newly acquired knowledge from last Friday's class, i made some puto last night and brought it to the office for some "taste test" before i could finally announce that i am open for business, although Papa and my siblings already gave a thumbs up with the taste.

And i was very happy to see that my officemates appreciate and actually liked my puto! Perhaps i could post some pics later when i cook my next batch coz i was pretty much excited last night and very serious in following the recipe to the dot that i forgot to take snaps of it.

This will surely make Mama smile!

More to come! Have a nice day y'all!

No comments: