Saturday, July 05, 2008

da return of da comeback!

After almost a month of absence, I'm once again rushing to the Shrine of St. Lazarus to attend the mass and sing with the choir for our monthly 1st Saturday slot. So there i was wearing my orange uniform, trying not to cause a stir as i take my seat just before father Jun stood up to deliver his homily.

I felt a bit awkward. That time i felt like a stranger to the choir. But i tried my best to sing even if the long absence and lack of practice made my voice lose its usual high pitch. I struggled song after song.

When the mass has ended we stayed there a little for a little chikahan. Some approached me and asked how I've been. We were all catching up on some things among ourselves. Slowly, the feeling of strangeness disappeared. The familiar feeling of belongingness was there again.

"It's so nice to be back," i said.
"Oo nga, antagal mo nawala," was their reply.

So i told them the things i've been doing lately --the postgraduate studies, the overtime work, some trips out of town, and my recent preoccupation with baking.

And that's when i took out the cookies i baked the night before for them to sample. Yup, they liked it and they placed orders for some more.

It's so nice to be back!

No comments: