Wednesday, July 02, 2008

2nd attempts, surprises and fans

Remember last time's peanut butter cookies? That one was huge and a bit burnt actually. But since it was my first time baking those cookies, i had to accept it and vowed to make it better in other future attempts.

After making some adjustments, i had my best batch of peanut butter cookies on my 2nd attempt. Sorry i don't have a picture to prove my claim because i was so excited to bring the cookies at work to be sampled by my "fans."

Fans. I call them such because they were amazed that this cooking school dropout who doesn't have any background in baking can make a batch of cookies that, according to another fan, can keep up with commercial cookies.

Nakakataba ng puso.
Nakaka-palakpak ng tenga.

I'm just so happy that people appreciate what i do.

And it's so amazing that i can surprise myself pala. As the saying goes: "you'll never know what you're capable of doing until you've tried it."

I'm glad that i tried. And i've no regrets now about the remark i made to a colleague because she's now one of the fans.

;)

No comments: