Tuesday, July 29, 2008

White Bread

As promised in my previous post, here are pics of my first white bread...



Dad thought i bought the bread when he saw it on the table one morning just as he was about to prepare our breakfast. I was quite amazed at how it turned out too!

My sister bought a pack of instant dry yeast way back when she was still the one who bakes and thought she might be needing some of those someday. But a couple of months later, she got very busy and the pack of yeast remained inside the refrigerator. I just can't bear the stuff to be put to waste (it's a big pack) so i figured to give it a shot.

After hours of watching instructional videos (thanks to YouTube) i finally had my first white bread. This kind of bread requires a lot of patience coz you really have to leave it for a couple of hours and let the yeast do its work. In some videos i watched, they even left the mixture overnight for the dough to rise. But i chose the recipe where you have to proof it for just a couple of hours coz, well, i guess i didn't have that much patience.

So there you go.
;)

No comments: