Thursday, August 02, 2007

Reunited

Once again, after a couple of months' hiatus, I find myself going to the gym and joining the aerobics session conducted twice weekly. Yup, that good ol' hataw routine where we kick and punch and dance and have fun for an hour. Best of all, it's FREE! All you have to do is put on some work-out clothes (whatever comfortable to move with) and bust those moves. It also helps that the instructor puts in a little humor, making fun of himself or making fun of us, so we get to laugh while working out.

I must say that not much has changed (that's why it's called routine) except for a few number of people present that day (the gym used to be packed with peepz). What really makes the session enjoyable for me is the dance portion. There's a new dance craze going on and I was kinda new to it. But being dance-crazy, it only took little time for me to learn the moves then finally dancing like I've known the steps my whole life. I was sweating. I was moving. I was happy.

By lunchtime, my energy was dipping and I was beginning to feel sore. That's what happens when you've been sedentary for a couple of months and then going at it again (the aerobics session). But that's okay. The pain and soreness will go away. Then I'm off to do it again next week!

No comments: