Thursday, August 16, 2007

Circle

Yesterday had been a long day.

It rained nonstop early in the morning and brought floodwater inside the house, so I had to call up at work to tell them I couldn't make it. But they said the competition must push through and they can't perform without me.

So an hour before the event, I was at the office in a flash (faster than the flash flood that washed our living room floor). Now I usually am a lucky girl but by 1 pm, the President declared work suspension. That automatically meant postponement of the competition.

Talk about being lucky.

Oh well! It meant more time for us to practice.

By 4pm my energy was pretty much spent but the girls were raring to see a movie and tagged me along. The mall was packed with students and working-class people who opted to drop by and pass the time before going home.


ticket line

the movie poster



A Love Story was about, well, a love story! It had its twists and some flashback scenes that tricked the audience on who plays what role. I don't wanna spoil it for those who haven't seen the movie yet. So I will say no more. ;p


= = =


Then I went home and found out my grandfather has just been called back by the BIG BOSS.

Lolo was a war veteran. He rubbed elbows with the late Ferdinand Marcos (former Philippine president) during their guerrilla days. He had been blind since I was a little girl. He's seen so much. Done so much.

He died in his sleep. He was 89 years old.

Pahinga na 'Lo.

= = =

I still went to work today though for the staff meeting. Plus the office people prepared a little something for the August celebrants.



August babies: me + miss E + Manny (now you know why we're pretty close)



Aside from a few close colleagues, they didn't know what lies behind that smile.


= = =

Kinda mixed up right now. In the middle of a whirlwind of emotions - at one point happiness (still from my birthday), then grief (for lolo's death), frustration, relief.

But one thing is for sure: that whatever phase we are in, whatever we are facing right now, the show must go on.

Life goes on.

No comments: