Sunday, June 08, 2008

My First Time

in baking, that is!

It all started with a careless remark. I was walking along the streets of Binondo with a colleague when we passed by a store that sold oatmeal raisin cookies and she expressed her desire to buy some. Then i blurted out "pag-aralan ko nga gawin yan para sa'yo."

Or perhaps deep inside, i've been wanting to do it but i was just too proud to admit because it was my sister who was the first to be recognized as "the baker" in the family. And then my brother followed suit with his brownies (and he has already perfected them!). I have been contented in being the one who (occasionally) cooks viands and makes puto and pichi-pichi during special occasions.

But something's been bugging me to try what my siblings have done. I may not be as good as them, but i thought that if i tried--even for just one time, at least i have satisfied my itch to do something i've never done before.


Blueberry muffins for my first try.


But my brother said i'm a cheater. Because i made it using a pre-mixed pack bought at Duty Free during my trip to Subic.


Just add milk!
;p


I admit. I cheated. But i only did it because i don't want the food to be wasted if ever i failed in baking and also because i want to build my confidence first.

Next time, i might try something real.

No comments: