Thursday, December 20, 2007

Bureau Christmas Party

It's my 5th Christmas Party with the Bureau, and i'm getting a little nostalgic.

I remember my first Christmas with them, when i was a newbie. I entered the government service in November, and in a few days i've already noticed that the office has different groups (factions may be the most suitable word). But hey, wala namang perfect na organization diba?

Every office has its ups and downs. But when December comes, people here set aside their differences to work together for the season's activities (the annual lantern parade, the production numbers/performances for the agency-wide Christmas party and competitions). I don't care if they're just being "plastic" to one another. All i care about is that even if we have our differences (and some quarrels), we still try to tolerate each other for the sake of Christmas and get together like one big family. Call me naive, but that's just how i see things. I always try to focus on what is good.

In this year's Christmas Party, they gave me the heads up for the program and games. I look at each happy face. I thank God for moments like this. The Bureau has had its changes in personnel lineup (some had been called back by The Big Boss Up There, while some moved to other offices and some others were already retirees), but nevertheless, we are still one big family celebrating the joyous season.

Merry Christmas, HHRDB!

No comments: