Sunday, December 16, 2007

lots of things can change in a matter of seven days

It's good to be back home!

I can see familiar faces as i got my luggage from the taxi and dragged myself to the gate of our compound.

But wait... it's the same house, but it feels different.

Perhaps because it was tidier than when i left it?
Or because it was brighter then usual?

It's still the same house.

Perhaps i just got used to living by myself in my hotel room for a week, with its dim lighting, continuous flow of water, airconditioning, no pollution (i hate cigarette smoke!), no dishes to wash, no laundry.

I went outside to see children have grown so fast! In a week's time! Gee, i spent seven days cooped up inside the hotel for a training and.... i missed out on a lot of things!

in the blink of an eye....
....someone, somewhere celebrates his/her birthday
....someone is mending a broken heart
....someone is forced to "grow up" fast and leave childish things behind.

Seven days felt like seven years already.

I'm glad to be back home.

No comments: