Thursday, November 22, 2007

Baby

It was already dark when i got out of the office, but i still had to go to the nearby mall to get some personal stuff and pay for my cellphone bill.

I hated going to the mall by myself. But now i had to. I'll have no more shopping companion since he called it quits. And even if he said we'll remain friends, i don't think he can be able to accompany me on such activities. I can no longer invite him to go malling, or strolling at the park. He'll be accompanying someone else now.

There was no one else to tag along, so i had to grin and bear it this time. No one to talk with while waiting at the checkout counter and lining up at the bills payment section.

After almost 45 minutes, i finally boarded a jeepney headed home. Seated in front of me was a lovely pregnant woman with her husband. I usually don't mind other passengers in the jeepney. But when i saw the couple in front of me, memories began to flood my thoughts.

Memories that seemed like it was just yesterday...


"I want twins--a boy and a girl." I smiled my big, dreamy smile while we were cuddled up and having our usual talk sessions.

"You sure you want twins?" he asked, relishing the idea.

"Yeah, why not? We'll name the boy Denver, and the girl will be Aspen."

"That's great!" He kissed my forehead, caressed my cheek and buried his face in my hair.

"You'd be one hot momma. I wonder how you'd look like when you're pregnant already." He was teasing me again. He wanted to have babies--the sooner, the better.

"I'm sure i'll be one hot momma. But for now, i'm perfectly fine with my one and only baby--YOU! The twins can wait til we're stable enough to raise them, okay?" I gave him a tight hug and kissed him gently on his nose and a deep one on his lips.


I tried to shake it off and closed my eyes. But it was his face i saw at the back of my mind.

"Darn it!" I muttered while letting out a sigh.

He's with someone else now, and working hard to start a family.

I wonder if he still remembers that talk we had... when we were planning for our future together, with twins we'll call Denver and Aspen.

Maybe not anymore. He's got different plans now. And will be having a family of his own.

I looked outside and stared at the headlights of a car behind me til my eyes hurt and tears threaten to fall.

"Well," i thought "he's gonna have to think of other names for his kids now."

No comments: