Sunday, November 18, 2007

Down The Road

patiently, i waited,
but i waited in vain.
no, there won't be a final kiss.
there wasn't even a first kiss.
there was only a faint image
of your back towards me
and a deafening silence.

i reached for you,
only to find out
there wasn't anything to hold on to.
no outstretched hand,
no words of comfort,
nothing at all.

you never spoke of the words
i long to hear.
you only gave me promises,
sugar-coated words
that have lost their sweetness.
no meaning at all.

it's wrong to say i have lost you.
i never had your heart
like the way you had mine

and somewhere along the way...
you lost me.


- October 13, 2003

= = =

(was doing some cleaning yesterday when i stumbled upon my old notebooks. Brought back memories. I remember the boy, but i don't remember the feeling anymore. Haha! Y'all gonna see some more of these kind pretty soon!)

No comments: