Tuesday, November 13, 2007

These are the days....

I'm on caffeine overdose and having an adrenalin rush. Bad combination because now i'm having palpitations.

I have a ton of paperwork to do and the bureaucracy is really not helping me achieve my target for the day.

And i still haven't organized my ideas for a production number for the higher boss' birthday.

And i've been depriving myself of precious sleep for two days already. Blame it on the caffeine. Hehe!


= = =


Yesterday at the choir practice, we were shocked by an SMS we received from a fellow choirmate that another member of ours got admitted at the hospital due to fractured bone when she tripped herself on duty (she works at the hospital).


So before going home, we paid her a visit and found out that she'd been at the hospital since Saturday. She's going home today, and will be wearing that cast for two months.


the gang with (still-smiley-despite-the-injury) Ate Ruby



(Choir)master Robin ransacked the goodies (bantay-salakay, hehe!)

= = =

When i got home, Papa was running a high fever and was complaining of a splitting headache. So i gave him a spongebath (to lower his temperature), sprinkled a generous amount of baby powder on his back (to absorb perspiration) and gave him medicine.

I told my bro to keep watch but i couldn't sleep very well coz i couldn't help worrying about Papa. And when i was finally about to enter dreamland, i was abruptly awakened by bro, asking if he should wake dad up for another dose of medicine. I told him to let him sleep and just give him the medicine in the morning.

I had a hard time getting back to sleep after that. And i was late for work.

Not that i'm complaining. I'm worried, yes, but it's normal to worry (in my case, i panic most of the time) when a family member gets sick.

= = =

I'm already at the stage where i've forgiven dad about his shortcomings and our misunderstandings. And now that things have changed (and he has changed for the better), i just want to spend time with him and enjoy our time together, seeing him smile when i bring home something for him or when i tell a funny thing that happened to me at work.

Even if he's not very vocal about his feelings, I know deep inside that he loves us, his children. I love my dad. And i always pray that God would give him good health so he could enjoy more of what life has to offer.

And for the first time, I told Papa i love him. I think i'm gonna say it more often.

No comments: