Sunday, November 04, 2007

Thankful...

I've got a lot to be thankful for today.

= = =


For the first time in more than 10 years, I heard my dad said he's going to church. I was so moved by those words that it made me wanna go with him and even told my siblings that we should all go to show dad our support and have that one day for our family to do one thing together.


= = =


Dad won at the Barangay elections last October 29.

A couple of months back, he'd been telling us that he wants to run for a barangay position. It's kind of a family tradition since my late grandfather and two uncles had been active leaders/officials in our neighborhood. I, too, was not spared by the call of public service when i ran for Sangguniang Kabataan and held office from 1996-1999.


= = =


For a couple of months now, Papa had been 95% alcohol-free. We've been talking more and I feel closer to him now. I can feel that his mood has become lighter and his temper is not like before. He laughs more and smiles more nowadays.

Plus, Papa and Mama had been talking more lately through voice chat and they can see each other through webcam. Thanks to faster internet connection at home.


= = =


I have a good feeling that things are getting better.

And I am thankful.


= = =


My family has never been big on hugs or any display of affection. We seldom say "i love you" and seldom talk about usual family stuff at the dinner table.

But these are gonna change, i'm sure. I can feel it now.


= = =


I've always prayed for my dad and my mom.
I've always prayed for my family and loved ones.
And God has answered my prayers.
I am forever thankful.
God is good.


= = =


Now perhaps i could pray for myself this time.
;)

No comments: