Monday, November 19, 2007

He Said, She Said...

He said:

Hi,
You asked me to explain my message that "I'm not the right person and you want something else now."
I last wrote you Oct 29 but you never responded so I assumed you werent interested in me.
But I saw your new photos. I liked the halloween ones and then later I saw a new main photo. I like you because you seem so playful and lively. I havent really seen the serious side that I think must be there from your psychology background and "field work." But Im a serious rather intellectual and introspective person. Im lively but not like in your halloween photo. So the contrast between how I imagine us seemed too much. I felt the age difference much more strongly, even though my ex was 27 years younger. Maybe where we are in our lives is too different?
Also I want to get married and I have the impression you are looking for a friend or an activity partner now.
What I wrote was just my feeling. I could be wrong because I really dont know you.
I hope I have answered your question. I would like to hear your response.




She said:

Hello,
I'm sorry you felt that way. I guess i was just too busy with a lot of things that i wasn't able to reply to your previous messages. It just happened that i was in the middle of things (some life-changing ones i'd rather not explain).

It's nice to know that you saw me as a fun person, contrary to what most people think, having the first impression that i'm all serious and boring. But wasn't it you who observed (from my profile) that i am a mixture of extremes? Aside from being a fun person, I am particularly an introspective person, if not very intellectual.

Yes, you don't know me very well. A lot of people can't understand my personality.

And right now, i'm not thinking about getting married yet. I have just come from a break-up a couple of months ago because my ex wanted to settle down already. And he couldn't wait, so he left. No, i'm not commitment phobic. It's just that i didn't feel i was ready. I'm sure i'll get to that point someday.

As of now, i'm building new friendships (while rekindling old ones and recovering lost ones).

So, yeah, maybe i'm not the right person coz you want something else now.

I hope my response was clear enough.

No comments: