Saturday, October 06, 2007

Long Saturday



After days of practice for my solo part, today was the day we sang for the mass at Sto. Domingo Church. This year is the centenary of the Canonical Coronation of Our Lady of La Naval.

Not being a morning person, I was late for the 6am assembly in my most fashionable way, but still a few minutes early for the 7am mass. Hence, was not able to practice with the choir.


But during the communion, I reckon I pulled off my solo part well (based on the reactions of my choirmates). They didn't know I've been practicing at home and vocalizing in the shower that morning before I went to church. Hehehe!


By 8am, the group had to rush back to St. Lazarus Shrine for the special mass in honor of Our Lady of Manaoag. But another choir was there already so we just took time to catch our breath while some opted to slip into more casual clothing as our all-white ensemble was pretty constricting and well, becoming off-white (then dirty-white!) because of the smoke and dust from the commute. Plus it rained the previous night so we had to be careful or else there'd be splotches of brown and black on our dresses.


I was at the office by 9:30am to help an officemate with her son's project.

Kristian's Christmas Ball
(I wasn't able to take a pic of the finished product)


Lunch was at Chowking with Manny and Erik. Good thing these people were at the office for their review session (they're taking up weekend classes to finish their bachelor's degree) in preparation for their comprehensive exams on Wednesday. Otherwise, it would feel lonely at the office with just the cleaning people to keep me company.


Back to the office by 1:30pm to finish the Christmas ball, thus, I wasn't able to attend the Music Ministry's Recollection at 3pm. But I still made it to the anticipated mass at 5:30pm as we were scheduled to sing there.


goofing around minutes before the mass..............and the choirmaster/guitarist/tenor-bass




Finally, home by 8pm.


Looking forward to a day's rest tomorrow.


Have a goodnight y'all!


No comments: